Designed for network professionals who need to validate that the WLAN is working or need to resolve problems related to connectivity and performance.
The AirCheck™ G2 Wireless Tester’s intuitive user interface provides actionable intelligence, simplifying wireless troubleshooting and validation. AirCheck G2 is the most cost-effective hardware-enabled site survey solution, and provides network professionals of any skill level with complete and accurate information to validate Wi-Fi deployments and changes, resolve connectivity and performance problems quickly, speed up closure of trouble tickets, and ensure your Wi-Fi network meets end users’ needs.
AirMapper™ Site Survey App
AirCheck G2 users can now quickly and easily gather location-based Wi-Fi measurements and create visual heat maps of key performance metrics in the Link-Live Cloud Service or AirMagnet Survey PRO. Simple to use, the AirMapper app is ideal for quick site surveys of new deployments, change validation, and performance verification.
- AirCheck G2 offers a one-button AutoTest function that quickly provides a pass/fail indication of Wi-Fi network quality and identifies common problems
- Test the most common Wi-Fi standards (including 802.11ax) with a rugged, handheld, purpose-built wireless tester
- See all networks and devices in your location immediately upon power up
- View test results, including network availability, connectivity, utilization, noise levels, throughput, security settings, possible rogues, and interferers
AirCheck G2 performs the following five essential Wi-Fi tests and provides a pass/fail indication of the wireless environment, as well as identifies common problems — for any level of expertise:
– 802.11 Utilization – Reports channels in each band (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) with the highest airtime utilisation.
– Non-802.11 Utilization – Reports channels with the highest non-802.11 airtime utilisation, indicative of interference sources and high noise levels.
– Co-Channel Interference – Reports channels with the most APs on the same channel that exceed the minimum signal level threshold.
– Adjacent Channel Interference – Reports interference on a channel caused by APs that are operating on other channels that overlap with that channel.
– Network Quality – Verifies coverage, interference, security, and ability to connect to specified networks, along with the availability of critical network services such as DHCP and connectivity to specified network targets.
– Rogue Access Points – Reports APs other than your authorised devices. These devices may be compromising network security.
Access Point Discovery
Quickly view all the APs present in the environment and see critical parameters for each one, including signal level, signal/noise ratio, security type, and channel. Find common issues such as incorrect security type, poor signal coverage, or incorrect channel.
Sort or filter by any parameter, then drill into any AP to set its authorization level and see more details, including number of connected clients, supported rates, 802.11n/ac/ax capabilities and more. From the AP details page, drill into a list of connected clients, or the channel on which the AP operates to verify any channel utilization or co-channel interference problems.
From here you can also use a locator tool to find an AP, set Access Control status (ACL), or you can perform a packet capture.
Network Connection Tests
Verify network availability and access to critical services by connecting to a network (SSID) or AP with a single touch on the Connect button. Key test steps include:
– Associate with AP
– Request and receive an IP address from a DHCP server
– Ping the default gateway and DNS servers for availability
– Perform a ping or TCP port test on up to ten network targets
– Conduct ongoing signal level, signal/noise ratio, and retry rate measurements
Once connected to a network, perform a roaming test to validate that roaming is enabled on the network, or run an iPerf performance test to verify throughput capabilities on the network.
Wired Ethernet Tests
The AirCheck G2’s built-in Ethernet test validates that APs have a working backhaul connection to the network.
– Diagnose and test Power over Ethernet (PoE), link to the switch, DHCP, Gateway, and Internet connections.
– Get VLAN, switch name, and port information via CDP/LLDP/EDP for your managed switches.
AirMapper™ Site Survey app
With the AirMapper app, AirCheck G2 users can quickly and easily gather location-based Wi-Fi measurements and create visual heat maps of key performance metrics in the Link-Live Cloud Service or AirMagnet Survey PRO. Simple to use, the AirMapper app is ideal for quick site surveys of new deployments, change validation, and performance verification.
– Complete faster and easier Wi-Fi site surveys with an entirely mobile platform
– Perform enterprise-grade surveys without the need of a dongle or tethered device
– Collaborate—easily visualize and share survey data through Link-Live Cloud Service